Just before Thanksgiving, Kendall announced that she wanted some panties. As any good mommy would do (especially when Grammy is here to do all the hard work) we set out to get her new panties. I told her she could have any panties she wanted. That was my first mistake. After arriving at Target, she proceeded to pick out Shrek and Cars. I was able to talk her out of them, but was very grateful that Spiderman was out of her direct line of site. I know some parents out there let their children have some freedom when it comes to the clothes they wear. I am not one of them. I refuse to let my little girl wear boxers. So, we were able to convince her that Elmo and Hello Kitty would be the better choice. She went with it and was so pleased to get to carry her "purse of panties" around with her. She even wanted to nap with them. So, I am thinking, this is going to be a breeze. That was my second mistake. I somehow forgot that Kendall has a mind of her own and likes to do thing on her own time. Which in general, is a lot slower than the rest of the world. So, we spent lots of time sitting on the potty. We even let her watch tv while sitting there. We quickly realized the child can "hold it" for a lot longer than you can offer to do the potty dance and be patient about it. So, for now, potty training is on hold...sorry Grammy! Maybe you need to come back and finish what you started! :) I'd really like to post a cute picture of Kendall modeling her new panties, but I am afraid some sick "googler" might end up on this site, so sorry, ya'll are out of luck!
8 comments:
how funny. potty training...not looking forward to it.
as of right now, bryson has zero interest in the potty. none. he's too busy playing to even think about it. so we will wait i guess. you cant make him do anything that he doesnt want to do! i have learned that!
She's barely two, Mama. Relax!
She's barely two, Mama. Relax!
Rats! I was thinking about starting PT with Caroline over the holidays, but you have given me a reality check. I will keep my expectations low. :) Ask me if I really did it after xmas. Sweet Kendall...
Isn't it funny how they always want to get the underwear that's more suited for the other gender? A lot of my friends little boys wanted the girl ones too! :) I hope it goes better next time you try- just be patient!
I am totally dreading potty training more than any other aspect of toddlerhood:) Let me know how it goes with Kendall. I am thinking i will try this summer with Katie:)
I'm so glad that we didn't go to the movies last night....We went to bed at 10:30 !!! I felt like an old lady!! We are going to have to go sometime after we get back from Christmas, even if it is just a few of us!!!! Now, ya'll need to come to the Christmas party at church tomorrow night!! Much love to Kendall and Mason!
hi!!!!! ah jen i made a blog. love you sorry i missed your call today, i was working. call me tomorrow, love you to the moon and back.
Post a Comment