Now that I have a girl, I have often wondered how I will teach the "dressing modestly" lesson as Kendall gets older. We had our first lesson today.
While Mason was in school we went shopping across town for a new microwave. We decided to try a new BBQ restaurant that replaced our old favorite BBQ place. We were hoping it was owned by the same people. It was not. Who owns Hooters? It was not them, either...The owners are apparently people who only know the girls that have the longest, skinniest torsos you've ever seen. However, apparently, the only other people the know sell clothing in the children's department. Daisy dukes sound like walking shorts and to say their mid-rif was showing doesn't cover it...literally. Well, trying not to show my disgust, I ate my (delicious...of course) meal without making eye contact and making sure that Ryan didn't either. Halfway through the meal, Kendall (in her Harding Girl sweatshirt) puts her hand in the pocket of the sweatshirt and says "Mommy, they don't have this part." I said, "What do you mean, they don't have a pocket?" She said, "No, mommy, they don't have this part...they don't have this part of the shirt." I quickly figured out that what she meant was that they didn't have the middle part of their shirt. I replied with "Yes, Kendall, their mommy forgot to tell them to put on the rest of their shirt."
I pray that I never have to tell her she is forgetting part of her shirt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment