Saturday, January 17, 2009

Christmas 2008

Nothing real exciting to share about Christmas except that it was great! Santa of course did not disappoint. "Mason's" big request this year was Wii Fit. I put Mason in "" because I am not sure if that was really Mason's request or Ryan's. I think it may have been a manipulated request. Mason eventually started calling it a family request. He is such a team player...that has to score points towards an extra gift next year...hope Santa is taking notes. Kendall wanted a TV Barbie. Daddy and I were praying that Santa knew what that was because we had no idea. Apparently it is the Sleeping Beauty Barbie and Walking Horse (or at least that is what it became). Way to go
Santa!!!

When Kendall opened this bunk bed from her cousins, Mason said, "Hey, why didn't I get one of those?" Maybe that will be his extra gift next year!!!"

Grammy and Papa came for a few days. We love to have them here. The kids adore them, but they never seem to stay quite long enough. They will be coming back soon while Ryan and I go on a little vacation to Belize. Yeah! The kids can't wait for us to go to "sea." Thanks Grammy and Papa for coming...see ya soon!

While we (my in-laws, the kids and me-Ryan was at work) were eating dinner Tuesday night before Christmas, we heard bells, our back door open and a very loud and jolly HO, HO, HO! We couldn't believe our eyes when Santa himself walked in!!!! The kids were speechless!!!! Really we were all speechless...none of us knew he was coming...it was a complete surprise and a little scary to hear the back door open. Then I was a little frantic...thinking "Pull yourself together... Who is that? Find your camera! And the video camera! It is Santa! Duh! Stop shaking! How did he get in here? Don't cry! He is Santa! Duh! Who else knows the code to our garage? I thought only my brother knew it!!!" He brought goodie bags and hot chocolate and told them to be sure to get in bed early and then off he went. It was a truly precious and priceless moment. I hope he comes again next year!!!!


I love these pics with my babies! As most of you mothers probably know...it is hard to be in the pics when you are usually the one behind the camera...so thanks to whoever took these shots!
My nephew Maddox was born on Christmas Day, so we always get to add a Birthday Party to our celebrations! Happy Birthday Magix! We love you!!!


For Christmas Eve, my family gets together and goes out to eat, then goes back to someone's house for dessert, Maddox's birthday and a gift exchange. This year we ate at Saltgrass Steakhouse and celebrated at my house. I love living in town and being able to host! It was fun and loud and chaotic. Just the way I like it! And this year we were missing 12 adults and 8 kids!!! I wonder who is hosting next year!?!?! Just kidding, I'd love to! (We truly did miss those of you that were missing. It just wasn't the same without everyone!)

Grandpa and the boys!


Pam, Kerri Lane and Lauren




Mom, Gene and McCartney


McCartney and Kendall

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Glad you're back! Love the pics with your kids! And yes, I still blog and do NOT do Facebook... it would be my "One more thing" that I have no time for! :)

As for the bounce house, it is FABULOUS. It was a big present from grandparents... $200 from ToysRUs. Made by Fisher Price... look it up online if you want. But it is fantastic, I think it will last a long time, and we can take it anywhere. Love it. :)