January...We got another glimpse of Kendall's high level of pain tolerance. After Mason's 1st grade program, the kids were getting ready for bed with Ryan and I hear...
from Ryan: "OH KENDALL!"
from Kendall: gut wrenching scream
from Mason: Kendall is bleeding EVERYWHERE!!!!!
I grabbed a large towel and headed towards the chaos. When I got to her room, Ryan was holding her foot. There was so much blood I thought she'd cut off a toe. I quickly found out she had stepped on the metal frame of her trundle bed and sliced her foot open. We rushed her to the ER and let them put in 8 stitches. (The first two being between her toes.) OUCH! When we got the ER and they unwrapped her foot to weigh her, the blood started puddling on the floor which sent her into hysterics. Until this experience, I had never seen anyone in shock. I'm hoping that is what was wrong with her because she started pointing at me and screaming, "You did this! You did this!" My response, through tears, was "No, honey, NO! I wasn't even in the room! Your daddy was!!!!" I didn't intend to throw him under the bus...but I figured if we were going to have CPS take a child, it wasn't going to be my faulty. Besides, I took the heat for the broken arm incident.
Luckily, they let us all go home together.


Ready for the removal of the stitches...Good thing she can't see my face!
That's right! We are having a baby! Much to our surprise and excitement Mallory Baby #3 is due just in time for
Oh yes...and record snowfall...
It was beautiful and most importantly it was gone in 2 days.
March...Kendall was sick with a very bad stomach bug. Which led us to discover that Mason will never be a doctor. While teaching Bible Class one morning my cell phone rang. Ryan answers and I hear..."Oh, no. Okay, I'm on my way up." He gets off the phone and informs me that his teachers said Mason is complaining of a stomach ache...and he is green...and he is clammy and sweaty. So Ryan rushes him home. I called to make sure they made it home before throwing up in my car and he did. When I got home, he looked pretty good and was begging to eat...anything and everything. I found this a little fishy and began to question him. He finally admitted that "something happened to make him sick." By "something" he explains, he was putting the lid on his marker and it pinched the skin between his thumb and index finger. He pulled it off and it apparently "cut" him. (I use the term "cut" loosely) And the pain/speck of blood made him sick. Yep. That's why he will never be a doctor. I took a picture although it is blurry. Thats what happens when you have to zoom in so close just to see the injury. Good grief!
April...Easter at Harding with "our girls." As always Harding was beautiful and Ryan left there with a mental list of all the pharmacies in town just in case I ever decide Harding is where I really want to live. So far, I'm not there yet...
If you are at all familiar with Harding...you know this is not a picture most moms want of their children. And definitely not something I had her pose for. Legend has it...if you stand under the Bell Tower, you will never marry. Not only did Kendall stand under it...she RAN inside...before I could stop her. Not. Good.
Spring Sing with Victoria, Jenna and Bethany!
This is Jarron. A friend from our home church. The kids (and me too) ADORE HIM!! I have begged him to wait for Kendall! But, I'm pretty sure he'll be taken before we let Kendall date.
This month we also learned that lots of
hanging out here
extra naps
That's right! We are having a baby! Much to our surprise and excitement Mallory Baby #3 is due just in time for
Christmas!
(Dec. 12)
May...Much of May has been spent between the bed, the couch and the bathroom. I have tried numerous "treatments" to relieve my sickness...including drugs, IV dugs and fluid and my latest..."the magic watch." The watch sends out electric "shocks" through my wrist and hand. The idea is to "trick" my brain. I guess if my brain is thinking about my hand involuntarily cringing up, then it won't be thinking about needing to throw up. Sounds good to me...and so far (I've worn it about 24 hours) it has worked fairly well. I'm still taking my meds along with it so it may be the combination of the two...but frankly I don't care what does it as long as something works! So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed (and praying A LOT) that this watch truly is magical!!!
I was able to put on a smiley face for some Mother's Day pictures with my kiddos. I guess this is my last Mother's Day as the Mother of 2!!!!
So...consider yourself caught up...for now...



6 comments:
Congrats on baby #3!!! :) How exciting! I hope you get to feeling better soon!!!!!
How exciting! So excited for you!
CONGRATS! Would love to catch up!
megan
I go without checking your blog and don't hear about your BIG news! Congrats on baby #3! You are going to love and enjoy being a family of 5. Can't wait to hear all about it...hopefully, you are still doing better?? Will you find out the sex?
Would love to catch in person...maybe we can sometime this summer!
Yay for a new baby!! Congrats! I am so so so sorry about the sickness... hope it is better! I went through that with both girls, NOT A FAN. Yuck. Hang in there!
Ok, so one should REALLY warn a reader that a picture is coming up that might cause the reader to nearly PASS OUT. That pic of Kendall's foot nearly did me in! Poor baby!!!
Congratulations on your big news of #3! So sorry you have been so sick though :( Hope it doesn't last much longer.
Post a Comment