Sunday, October 14, 2007

One More Thing

Well, I have decided it is time to enter the blogging world...I have been holding out for several reasons...
#1 I was waiting for the perfect "blog worthy" event to start the process
#2 I was waiting to come up with the perfect title
#3 I was trying to decide if my life was truly interesting enough to take up the space in the World Wide Web
#4 I was trying to decide if I could handle thinking everyday that there may actually be no one in the World Wide Web that would read it

I finally gave in because...
#1 I have thought of several "blog worthy" stories and realized that I found myself thinking "see, that would be funny in the blog"
#2 I gave up on finding the perfect name and decided that since Ryan said I couldn't start a blog because it would be "one more thing" to keep me up late at night and stress me out when I am doing this instead of getting "other things" done...then that might be a good reason AND a good name.
#3 I convinced myself that my life is definitely crazy enough for the World Wide Web...I am forgetting things that I would like to remember...and since Mason and Kendall only have 2 scrapbooks each of their 1st year, at least one for each year since, a month to month album of their first year, a first year calendar, a pregnancy journal, and an individual journal, they needed "one more thing" to document how much I love them and don't know what I would do with out them. Besides I wouldn't want them to someday have to say, "yeah, we don't have a blog, because our mom couldn't figure it out" It is all about peer pressure
#4 I decided that if my mother-in-law and her friends at Midvale Telephone Exchange were reading http://www.chopstixchronicles.blogspot.com/ almost everyday, well then surely, I can count on them to be frequent readers!

So here goes...

Please, Mom, NO BANDAIDS
The most recent blogworthy event that has inspired me to start this extra-curricular activity was a week and a half ago...I had just left my house to go to a friend's house to drop off some flyers to be handed out at church (we weren't going)...I had barely turned off my street when Ryan called. I was on the other line, and hesitated to answer, but being a man of few words I thought he must have something important to say. So, I clicked over and he said, "uh, yeah, you better hurry (as if implying I should continue to run my errand, but shouldn't lollygag), Mason just split his head open." I, of course, turned to the car around to arrive home to find Mason bleeding in Ryan's lap. The answer I received was "I hit a pwate." (All l's said by Mason are pronounced "w"...this sometimes adds to the story) In the rush to get to the Urgent Care Center, I didn't ask for further elaboration. While explaining to Mason that we had to go to the dr because his head was bleeding and the dr should take a look at it, Mason says through his tears, "Pwease mom, don't wet them put a bandaid on it." I felt pretty good about being able to assure him the bandaid was probably not the medical tool they would be using to stop the bleeding. (I think he thinks if it needs a bandaid, it must really be bad...he never lets us put one on him.) We left the office with two staples and NO BANDAID!!! Mason was very brave...he only said, "ouch" once! For a boy who is terrified of bandaids, that is pretty impressive. So, while waiting for the dr I discovered that "I hit a pwate" meant "Daddy and I were wrestling and he tripped me and I hit the (electrical type) pwate on the wall" When I got home I discovered the plate broken in about 6 pieces...I didn't ask anymore questions...I don't think I want to know...boys will be boys! I am surprised and grateful it took this long to need dr assisstance for an injury...I guess we should have gone to church!
The "pwate"
The blood adds to the shark shirt, don't ya think?

11 comments:

Whitney said...

I would say that story was blog-worthy! :) So glad you've joined the blogging world- I'll definitely be reading!

Emily said...

I love it! I like to hear that my boys aren't the only ones wrestling all the time

christy said...

Thanks for sharing! Watch out - blogging can be addicting! I'll send you mine!
Christy

Lana said...

Glad your blogging. I love it and reading others is quite fun : ) In your email you mentioned your probs with title showing up. My blog did that and I learned that if I had a picture at the top I had to make sure it was down an inch so the title would work and it did : ) Also, The pics of Mason, poor guy. The shark shirt blood looked real out of the sharks mouth. I'll be back to read more : )

Tracy said...

Hey JP :) I found your blog off of Jodi's.

Your poor little man!!! Typical boy! And yes, atleast the blood works well on the shark shirt! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the blog! Love the title! Love hearing the \"Pwease no bandaids\" story again (BTW, did you ever try peroxide on the shirt?) Love that you plugged chopstixchronicles! Love that atleast for now, the Chinese government is allowing me to access blogger so I can remain a faithful reader! Love you all! Anne

Anonymous said...

jen... why is your industry accounting?


you are not an accountant.

Jenn said...

Welcome to the blogging world...you will be so surprised at how it can suck you in and keep you!! :) Steph's blog is Lovin' Life South of the Red River on my blog roll on my blog...blog, blog, blog! Have fun and we'll see you tomorrow in bible class..oh, and Susie wants to have Mason and Macy over after lunch, but she has to clean her room first, so we will have to see.....

Jodi said...

Welcome to blogland! So glad to have you! :)

Poor baby with his staples!! Sounds like you were much calmer than I would have been in that situation! Maybe I shouldn't be given boys....

Love ya girl!

PS. I too am curious about the accountant thing...

Kristen OQ said...

I am so happy you are a bloggin' girl now too. I am already loving your funny stories! You always have a way of cracking me up!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I still have no idea what a blog is or what purpose it serves, but I am SO proud of you for doing something daring...Tell my nephew to rub some dirt on it 'till it quits hurtin'!

your loving brother