Sunday, April 12, 2009

A day in the Blubonnets

I LOVE Bluebonnet season!!! This year I convinced Ryan to drive 45 miles out to the "perfect" Bluebonnet spot. One that I had scoped out while driving to Waco to visit my sweet Sarah (that I used to babysit and is now in college...ugh...see her blog "Seeking Simplicity").

The "perfect spot" consists of...
*lots of Bluebonnets
*a good location (most are right off the highway...so distractibility, I mean, safety is definitely an issue.)
*a good backdrop (because they grow wild and most often in the country, you are likely to get an old run down house, or worse, a billboard advertising who knows what...I have even been so lucky as to spot the "not so perfect patch of wildflowers" by the "adult movie store." Wouldn't that be cute?

So, after getting the kids prepped, ready and "excited" (aka bribed) for a photo shoot, we finally arrived...to find a large tractor in my perfect field!!! Luckily, we could work around it! Harder to work around were the raindrops that starting falling 3 miles before our arrival!

But, God smiled on us...or He just knew there was no way Ryan would ever go through this again...and held off the rain and the kids cooperated (most of the time) and we got some really great pictures! This may be our new annual perfect spot!!










I had to allow some silliness to get the desired photos!




The "not so cooperative" moments!









If only they got a long like this all the time...
I could watch a lot more Dr. Phil and Oprah!






6 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

Cute pictures -- I bet I know right where that bluebonnet spot is...probably the same spot my mom took and and my brother to take pictures every year when we lived in Waco! You are inspiring me to find a field this week to take some pictures of my own!

Jenna B. said...

that funny picture is hilarious. i love kendall's face! silly kids!

Deanna said...

What great picts! I love the one where Kendall is hugging Mason. I also wish mine would act like they loved each other a little more often. For now I guess we will just have to keep bribing them for the pictures of how we want them to look all the time!

Anonymous said...

I love your new pictures of the kids in the Blubonnets. Good blogging.

Idaho

Holly said...

Cute picts! I hope Ryan enjoyed the adventure!

Antique Mommy said...

I love the 3rd photo down. Priceless.