Saturday, August 1, 2009

Coping Mechanism

Our close friends, the Greens, just moved to Houston about 2 weeks ago. This has been so sad for our church family. They will be deeply missed. Which is how it should be, I know. But, I hate the hole it has left here. I know they will do great and make friends there and blah, blah, blah...but selfishly, I'd rather them be here. The week leading up to their departure was very hard and the Sunday they left was really hard! It was a fun day of looking back at all the good times we've had with them, but there were lots of tears shed...no one could have missed the fact that something sad was happening...except maybe Kendall.

That night after a full day of goodbyes and tears, we came home after church and I asked her where the pictures she had drawn in church that morning were.
She said, "I gave them to that family??"
"What family?"
"That family in church."
Still confused, I said, "What family???"
She said, "You know, that family that's moving to Houston."
I said, "You mean, the Greens???"
"Oh, yes, the GREENS!"

Like, "oh, yes...that's their names!" I guess "out of sight/out of mind" is her coping mechanism...

I wish it worked for me! Miss ya Greens!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greens who? I think I vaguely remember someone by that name... hmmmm... Maybe I'll think of it later...

Jenn said...

Okay...I'm just getting to reading all of this and I'm sooo cracking up!! I love that Kendall!! :) (and her mom that cries all the time!!)