After only one day, I realized I love our time in the car on the way home from school. I love to see the excitement on his face and hear all the details. Here are few snippets from yesterday's "Car Conversation"
Me: How was your teacher? Was she nice? fun? funny?
M: Ummmm? Nice!
(Ha! 1 point for me. I am all 3...sometimes)
--------------------------------------------------------
Me: What was your most favorite part of the whole day?
M: There were 2...watching the turtle on the carpet, he ran. And going to the water fountain all by myself with NO teacher!
(2 points for her...who can compete with a running turtle and a water fountain?)
---------------------------------------------------------
M: There were these 2 "ga-hurls" and nobody would let them sit by them, so I letted sit by me!
Me: Oh Mason I am so proud...that was about all I could say before he noticed I was tearing up. I love it when kids are sweet to each other without "prompting."
----------------------------------------------------------
(On the way home from my parents')
M: Mom, am I being good?
Me: Yes, you are.
M: You know I learned that in Kindergarten...
(What I would like to know is what have I been doing wrong the last 5 years? I guess tonight we will be going shopping for a running turtle and a water fountain!)
st louis rams logo
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment