Monday, August 25, 2008

The gift

I have often heard others and myself say, "If only I had more hours in my day, I could..." Well today I was given that gift. I actually earned about 4.5 hours today. It is 11:45 and on any other day we would have been up for not quite 2 hours. We would have had breakfast while we watched our show(s) and be thinking about getting out of our jammies. At about this time, I would start thinking, "good grief, the day is half over and I haven't gotten anything done!" Well, not today...no sir!


Today I have...
Showered/dresses
Washed/Dried/and folded 3 loads of laundry
Unpacked (from a trip that was 5 days ago)
Organized a closet
Made cupcakes
Oh, yeah and I sent my firstborn into a pack of wolves, I mean kindergarten!

WOW! I am amazing...oh wait, now I am just a normal, non-lazy, productive mom! It feels good, at least for today. Tomorrow I may throw in taking a nap.



A few pics from our first day...it was fun and "uneventful." I sent him off with 4 rules...


"#1 Have fun, #2 Always do your best, #3 Remember what you did, so you can tell me all the details, #4 Love your teacher, but love me more!!!



With cousins Maygan and McCartney

The "bye-bye" hug!



Hope it has gone well for all of you!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I love it!! You did GREAT today, super mom....as we knew that you would! You are a great mommy and Mason will be so excited to see you this afternoon!! I totally love the picture of Kendall hugging on him...it is priceless!! GREAT DAY!!

Tracy said...

Awww!! So, did you cry???!!!

Holly said...

Glad it went well. I wondered about him several times!