Sunday, August 24, 2008

Her

On Friday night, I walked through the doors of a 20 year old building, turned right down the first hallway and peered into the first door on the right. There. she. stood. The other woman. Early 50s. Brown hair. "Motherly" look. She stuck out her hand, smiled and with the sweetest voice said, "Hi! I am Mrs. L____. Welcome to Kindergarten, I am so glad you are here! What is your name?" My "baby boy" said, "Mason." She showed him his desk and told him to look around the classroom. He found his friend, the class pet, a turtle. And that was that...he loves her more than me...she does after all have a turtle and paint (that she will actually let him use).


He just better not forget the one who washes those clothes that get turtle germs and paint on them! That goes for her, too!










Our Panther

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I love this post- you are too funny! I'm praying for all of you mothers of new kindergardeners (there are a lot of you too!)