Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A good friend is...

...someone who at the very last minute provides the CUTEST cowboy costume ever for someone whose mom waited until the last second to get something for him herself!

Huge Cheers and thanks go to my BFF from childhood for providing this precious outfit for Mason on Western Day at school. I called her at 8:00 the night before and asked if her little boy had any boots we could borrow. She said she could do better than that...Boy, did she!!!!!

This is a horrible picture of Kendall, but I had to include it because when I realized I hadn't gotten his boots in the shot, I told him to let me redo it so we could see his boots. He decided to give me a little help!




Love those ears!






My dad filled in for Ryan for the Donuts with Dad
Breakfast










Mason LOVES the costume and wants to wear it all the time. Thankfully BFF offered to let us keep it!

The following conversations were a result of the Cowboy...

Conversation #1
Me: Go upstairs and put on your jammies.
M: Mom, you have got to come up here and see this, I have had a gweat idea!!
Me: What is your great idea?
M: Well, I spweaded out my Cowboy costume so Kendall can't get it.
(The vest was on one corner of the bed, the pants on the other, the boots by the door, and the hat hanging on his bookself)
Me: Well, I think she will still be able to reach all of it.
M: Yes, but I spweaded it all out so she will run out air before she can get it all
(His room is not that big!)

Conversation #2 (On the way to pick up Ryan at the airport)
M: Can I wear my boots?
Me: Sure, why not!
M: (Coming into the bathroom with hand on his hips and hat on his head) Ah-ha! I have to wear this (the hat) too, cause look (pointing to boots) it goes with these!
Me: That is fine, but you have to untuck your slicky pants from the boots (I am sure there is a fashion rule about that)
M: HEY! I say "Howdy" you say "Pardner"...Howdy?
Me: Pardner!

Don't tell Ryan, but we may have a future LD Bell Blue Raider Wrangler in our midst!!!

3 comments:

Lana said...

You are blogging faster than I can make a comment. Love these pictures of Mason. He is such a cute cowboy:)

Whitney said...

I agree with Lana! And you said you didn't have anything to post about???? The pics are cute- I'm glad Mason is enjoying being a coyboy so much!

Jill said...

Ahh ha! Found you too! I kept clicking on Jenn Green's blogroll until I found you! Presley was excited to see Mason's pictures!