Monday, July 14, 2008

Sand, water, swimming and fireworks...

I can't believe how busy summer is...it seems like everyday we have something fun that we MUST do. I find myself wishing for school to start so that things will slow down and then I realize that means Mason will be starting school and we will all have to start getting up early. I am not sure which will be harder...letting my "baby" go to kindergarten or getting up early. Sad, I know!
I really love summer...swimming, parks, library times, getting to be with family and friends at the drop of a hat because there is no "schedule." We went to the beach (Galveston) a few weeks ago and LOVED it! Mason said it was "funner than he meant it to be." I guess he had heard the mixed reviews we had gotten about the beaches there. Some people did not have a very high opinion of the "stinky, dirty beach." Well, it is not the white sand of Florida or the pretty (yet frigid) waters of Oregon, but it was sand and water and that is all my kids needed. Ryan suggested that we move there because Mason played in the waves, jumping and splashing, for an hour by himself...he doesn't play by himself very often. And Kendall loved building sand castles. Before we even got home Ryan was planning when we could go again! I am glad the "beach haters" were wrong...it was the perfect vacation for us!



I love these beach babies!

Our condo had a great view!



Sweet brother helping clean off the sand...


We had a great time for the 4th...we were able to swim and see fireworks this year (no rain!) My family came and spent the day with us! Lots of fun!
Kendall's after nap "do"

2 comments:

Danielle said...

So cute!! Vacations are so much fun! Seriously girl how do you stand this heat. I can't wait to go back to Idaho Falls. Crazy, but I miss those cold days. I will have to say we do swim more now than we have even in our lives living in Vegas. Love the pix, precious!!

Anonymous said...

pic#7 girl in red has a sweet little baldcunt love her in bed