Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas Traditions

Okay, 2 posts in one night...I told you I am trying to get caught up!

I am always on the hunt for Christmas Traditions...so I thought I would ask you to share your favorites.

I have 2 that I love...

#1 We wrap up 24 Christmas books and open one a day until Christmas (like an advent calendar) I mark "Twas the night before Christmas" so we know it is the last book we read.

#2 I put all the Christmas cards on the Christmas Tree and after Christmas I put them on a piece of construction paper with the year (I cut them to make them fit front and back) and make a placemat. I have done this for 2 years, so each kid has a placemat this year. They love looking at them while we are eating and it gives us a chance to talk about all our friends near and far.


I also need help improving one tradition. I saw in a magazine several years ago a growth chart with Christmas ornaments. I think the one in the magazine was on a quilt. At the time I had NO sewing ability (and very little now), so I just hung them on garland and hung it by the door. I never have really liked it, but I can't think of anything that I like better. Any ideas????

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Those are wonderful traditions that I definitely need to remember! Now that we've got a little on one the way, I've been picking people's brains for ideas on traditions for the holidays!