Friday, November 30, 2007

It's all fun and games...(yes, there is an until)

It is 12:17 am and I just got caught up on my "blog reading" and it is driving me crazy that I have not posted our Thanksgiving posts and people are on to their Christmas posts and giving me ideas for new posts...aaaaahhhh! I am getting caught up before I go to bed, so here goes...

Thanksgiving was great! Ryan's parents (Grammy and Papa) came to visit. We went to San Antonio the first weekend they were here. We figured since Mason listed Sea World in his "favorite thing we did this summer list" (and we hadn't actually been there) we better take him there. It was a wonderful trip...Ryan and I had been there before we had kids and loved it then. But, I can honestly say it is so much more fun through the eyes of a child! Mason and Kendall had a great time! The entire trip may have even changed Mason's entire life...he decided he no longer wanted to be a "pharmatist" now he wants to be a whale trainer! He also gave up on asking me for a fish for his fish bowl. Now, he wants a penguin. I tried to explain that a penguin would not fit in his fish bowl. Silly me, didn't I know that we could just put one in our pool! I then tried to tell him that that still wouldn't work because I wanted to put a dolphin in there! What a fun pet that would be!

It really was all fun and games...here's the until...

Ryan and I have always loved roller coasters. We were really excited that since Grammy and Papa were with us we would be able to ride without worrying about what the kids were doing while waiting for us. (Just kidding) Since there was no line we rode "The Great White" twice in a row. (I was looking for a photo, and wouldn't ya know it, someone posted the ride on YouTube. Now you all can have the full experience with us (minus one little, or should I say, BIG part...)





As we were leaving the "terminal" Ryan said, "you know we just increased our chances of dying on a roller coaster" (morbid I know) Now that I am "older and wiser" I have this fear that my obituary would say "Left behind 2 small children while riding a roller coaster" That would be bad! However, I must not be too old or too wise because we convinced Papa to ride with us for our third trip. Still no line, so we just jumped on...in the front...for one LAST ride. This time less than halfway through the ride Ryan yells, "Whoa!!! Did you see that???? We just hit a bird!!" I yelled back, "No, that bird just hit ME!" That's right, in the nose and chest! Don't know if it hit me twice or if it was a big enough bird that it hit both places at the same time. (For those of you trying to be good friends, go ahead and laugh...everyone else (even my mom) did!) Luckily, I was uninjured except for a headache and a bruise on my chest. I will say the medic that gave me Tylenol said he had never had a report like this. After calling in the ASI (Accident Scene Investigators) it was determined:
**that my headache was caused by the impact, and not the "stress" of the incident
**I don't where I was on the ride when the incident occurred and
**I don't know what kind of bird it was. Although I made sure they understood that it felt like a hawk. Ryan said to be sure you all knew that it wasn't a hawk, but it wasn't a little ol' sparrow either...it was probably a crow. (And that is from the non-exaggerator in the family.) Papa said he didn't see a bird, but he did think he saw a big black flag. I reminded him that he was not wearing his glasses and then assured him it was NOT a big black flag...although I wish it had of been.
Guess it could have been worse...check out this link...
http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/News/9903/31/showbuzz/

This must mean I am tougher than Fabio! (Or at least I am "harder-headed"...there, I said it before someone could post the comment!)
Here are some FUN pics of our trip...


8 comments:

Tracy said...

oh my word!! ok, i did laugh! ...outloud

that is the craziest thing i've ever heard! ouch! i'm glad that you are ok though and that yall had a fun time! sounds like it was a memorable trip! :)

Lana said...

I will not laugh at the bird accident, I will just smile really big:) How in the world did that happen. We loved Sea World this summer, glad yall had fun. Also, on the last post, The prayer Mason did was so sweet. It brought tears to my eyes.

Jenn said...

I LOVE the bird story...you are one tough cookie, girl!! Just ask that bird!! :) The pictures are great from Sea World, I'm so glad that ya'll had so much fun. Now we are going to have to venture over and take Parker this next year, I guess. Susie keeps saying, "Mason saw Shamu, Mom, we have to go back and take Parker!"....the picture of Kendall and the dolphin is the sweetest!!
Oh, and I too, LOVED Masons prayer at the program. He did a great job and it made him seem so very big (not that he isn't!!) I'll call you later today after I get out of my jammies!!

Emiley said...

OH MY WORD!...I will just leave it at that! :) I am cracking up at the thought of it...what are the odds?? Glad you had a great trip other than the bird incident! :)

Kristen OQ said...

This is the funniest story! I can't believe that happened and a medic had to check you out. Why do these funny things always happen to you, my fun friend? I bet that accident report gets flagged as one of the craziest ones ever!

Kristen OQ said...

This is the funniest story! I can't believe that happened and a medic had to check you out. Why do these funny things always happen to you, my fun friend? I bet that accident report gets flagged as one of the craziest ones ever!

Kristen OQ said...

Sorry about the double posting...I only clicked the post button once! Oops!

Anonymous said...

I still can't get over the fact that this had to happen to YOU, no one esle, just YOU!