I have a lot of things to post from the last week! It will probably take me several posts to get it all done. I am going to try posting a couple of videos too! If any of you have any ideas on how to do that, please share! I am clueless...
I decided my first post needed to be about Thanksgiving...and what I am thankful for. I actually don't really like the "go around the table and tell what you are thankful for" game. Don't get me wrong, I like to hear what others (especially my children) say. But, it is actually very stressful for me to say something that doesn't get an "oh that was an obvious answer" look. Actually, the competitive person in me really wants to come up with a unique and different answer that no one else has thought of! I guess when you don't have an athletic bone in your body, you have to be competitive in other areas! So, anway...the point of telling you that is to tell you that while I was getting ready to take my in-laws to the airport to fly back to Idaho yesterday (they were here a week), I kept finding myself crying. I realized that I was crying because I was sad that they were leaving. I wasn't sad they were leaving because they had been entertaining my children all week, or because while they had come to enjoy Thanksgiving vacation had actually ended up doing countless "jobs" for us instead, or because Grammy started potty training sweet Kendall. I was sad simply that they were leaving and are so far away. Now, I realize that many of you have wonderful in-laws, but I also know that for a lot of people this is not the case. After a bad relationship in high school, I realized how important it was for me to find a husband whose family I loved and loved me. I began praying for that family and I truly feel my prayers have been answered! As sad as it is to be so far away...I am thankful that we leave shedding tears and not sighs of relief that the "vacation is over!" And like I told Mason, if we still lived in Idaho they never would have come here to visit us and go to Sea World. For now, that answer satisfies all of us! We love and miss you, Grammy and Papa! Thanks for being so great!!
st louis rams logo
3 years ago
5 comments:
Your kids are adorable. I'm so glad to be able to hear your wonderful family stories. We had the "piece of junk" too. Our transmission went out at 37,000 miles so we traded for a suburban, but I really do miss the convience of a mini van. Too bad we didn;t have the lifetime warranty and the swivel seats that they offer now. Love ya and am excited to hear from you.
Great, we bought the P.O.J. for Amber 18 months ago. I know how you feel about leaving family, we have been in the A.F. for 6 years now. Between Ohio and Texas (not to mention Korea) we have had to say good-bye too many times.
I found your blog from Tracy's, and it has provided me great amusement. It is good to see that you are doing well.
Aric
It's me Christine N. from Idaho Falls. I found your blog through Emily's. So glad to hear you are back in Texas. I still remember all those scrapbooking nights we had together. I haven't scrapbooked since. I'm sure you have since you were like the #1 scapbook, journal writing mom. Anywho, here's my blog too. www.christinepn.blogspot.com
Thanks for your kind words. We had a great time and the week went to quick---love you
Papa & Grammy
Your in-laws are great. We enjoyed getting to see them. Tell them to come back soon!
Post a Comment