Friday, March 14, 2008

I've been tagged?

Okay, so I have to admit that I really don't know what being "tagged" means other than feeling a very strong urge to stick my fingers in my ears and say, "nanny, nanny, b--by" (didn't want to be picked up my any weirdos googling that word). My guess is that it means I am supposed to answer a bunch of questions about myself so that my friends can get to know me better. I also do not know what a "meme" is (or how to say it), but I am guessing it is along the same line. I must say I feel honored that someone wants to "get to know me better" because I have often had people say that they may possibly know too much about me. I tend to hold very little back. Anyway, at XBOX Wife's request, I am going to do her "thingy" (my new term for meme). I don't understand all the "instructions" about linking/commenting/etc. So, XBOX wife, you may have to call and help...here goes....

Current Book(s): Little Quack, Going on a Bear Hunt and Mason's Me Book...Oh, wait, maybe I was supposed to say what I have read for myself...do blogs count? Actually, I haven't read anything in a while, but I love reading and would love any suggestions.
Current Play List: Don't officially have a "Playlist" but I do love people that have been able to figure out how to put their favorite songs on their blogs. Sometimes I "listen" to your blogs while I work...so if you are also one of those bloggers that has figured out how to track who is on your blog, don't be worried when you see that I am "reading" for a longer than normal time. If ya'll are looking for some songs to add, I like, Love Letter by Sarah Barallis, and any other song I can sing loudly in the car and feel like I should have been on American Idol before I passed the age limit.
Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: I can't think of one, I am actually a very "good" girl. I don't do a lot of "shame-inducing" acts. Unless of course, lying about yourself is on that list.
Current Color: Pink...I started wearing it when I was pregnant with Kendall thinking it would "increase" the liklihood of having a girl. I have stuck with it since then...
Current Passion: (is that code for what I am obsessed with?) If so, it would be decorating my house...this passion will change after my sister-in-law comes to visit. We work best under pressure and apparently we only want our house "cute" for "new people traveling from out of town."
Current Drink: Until lately, it has been Route 44 Coke with Cherry and Extra Ice. (yes, that is different than a Cherry Coke). The past few days it is Sweet Tea from Chicken Express.
Current Food: Pizza, always and forever...
Current Wish List: more hours in my day, less worrying about silly things, a repainted garage door
Current Needs: more hours in my day, less worrying about silly things, I can't honestly say I NEED a repainted garage, though
Current Triumph(s): getting all the laundry DONE and PUT AWAY in the same day (before midnight)
Current Bane(s) of my Existence: New Vocabulary words that I don't know the meanings too...tagging, meme, and now bane...if I assume this means things that bug me...I would have to say...being behind on things...which is always the case, remembering at 9:40 something I was supposed to do today and didn't
Current Indulgence: Shopping for myself...I never do this and I have been splurging a bit...
Current #1 Blessing: Of course, family is #1, but I have to add a very close 2nd is the new circle of friends I have here! My life has taken a different course than I had planned when we moved back and honestly, while it was a hard transition, it is fun to see how God has blessed with things I never imagined or knew I wanted or needed.
Current Slang or Saying: "Good Gwief Efel"
Current Outfit: jammies...as often as possible...
Current Excitement: wearing jammies all day! Actually, today, I went with 2 of my 3 "sisters", their mom and aunt to Dallas to a fancy shmancy restaurant for lunch. I did NOT wear my jammies and I did not have my kids...(HUGE thank you to Jenn). I LOVE girly days with laughing and giggling...
Current Mood: tired
Current Picture(s): none right now...I should be getting some from my day and my kids fun day to post soon.


So in my "Current Banes" I said I hated being behind in stuff. One of those is emails...so I had an email from a LONG time ago with more questions about myself to answer...I just as well do that here, delete the email and be done with it...I'll make these answers shorter...

What time did you get up this morning? 7:30 (Highly unusual for me...I went for a bike ride...even "highlier unusual for me)
2. Diamonds or Pearls? Diamond
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Vantage Point
4. What is your favorite TV show? American Idol
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Wheaties
6. What is your middle name? (Not putting this so weirdos can't find me...but not just deleting it because then I would have to change all the other copy and pasted numbers)
7. What food do you dislike? Beans and Mayonnaise (especially if served together)
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? ???????
9. What kind of car do you drive? Honda Odyssey and I LOVE it
10. Favorite Sandwich? BLT (with Ranch instead of Mayo)
11. What characteristics do you despise? Sneakiness/dishonesty
12. Favorite item of clothing? jammies (did you read the last post)
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Disney World
14. Favorite brand of clothing? Cheap brands that look expensive, don't shrink or fade and never go out of style
15. Where would you retire to? Somewhere with a 24 hour masseuse (if I had one, I'd know how to spell it)
16. What was your most recent memorable Thursday? I guess yesterday...it is the one I remember most recently...I had a great day shopping with a friend...I love laughing with new friends...
17. Favorite sport to watch? Jon and Kate Plus 8, if you have seen it, you, too, will consider it a sport.
18. Furthest place you are sending this? who knows???
19. Person you expect to send it back? Noone, but if you want to do it on your blog...I'd love it!
20. When is your birthday? See #6
21. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night
22. What is your shoe size? 7
23. Pets? None
24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? NOPE
25. What did you want to be when you were little? A mom, and a teacher and a lawyer (I like to argue) Who knew having kids would allow me to fullfill all those dreams!
26. What is your favorite candy? 100 Grand or Reese's PB Cups
27. What is your favorite flower? tulips
28. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? My sister-in-law coming to visit
29. What is your full name? See #6 and #20
30. What are you listening to right now? The air conditioner
31. What was the last thing you ate? Pizza
32. Do you wish on stars? I want to lie and say yes, because it sounds better, but actually I don't, but I will put that on my To do list
33. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? red
34. How is the weather right now? Perfect...warm
35. How are you today? Tired
36. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Emma, my neice...today she is 3!
37. Favorite soft drink? Dr. Pepper
38. Favorite Restaurant? Anything Tex-Mex
39. Hair color? Dirty Blonde (is there a better name for that?)
40. What was your favorite toy as a child? Victoria...my baby doll (she had her picture made with me and Kendall for Kendall's first bday. When I told the photographer that I loved the picture of the 3 of us and had to explain the 3rd "person" was Victoria, I got a very stragne look.)
41. Summer or winter? Summer
42. Hugs or Kisses? Definitely hugs!
43. Chocolate or vanilla? choc
44. Coffee or Tea? Tea
45. Do you want your friends to email you back? If you want, or you could just call...I like to talk on the phone
46. When was the last time you cried? Don't remember...and that is HUGE for me!
47. What is under your bed? Nothing
48. What did you do last night? Went to see my parents.
49. What are you afraid of? Bugs and Tornados
50. Salty or sweet? Salty!
51. How many keys on your key ring? Too many, I'd have to get up and I am not going too...I want to hurry up and finish...
52. How many years at your current job? MOM for 5 years in February
53. Favorite day of the week? Thursday...you have Friday to look forward to...
54. How many towns have you lived in? 10
55. Do you make friends easily? yes
56. How many people will respond to this? None, because everyone is sick of reading my blog now...but at least I can now delete the email...

Do you feel like you know me better?

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh, yes Jen. It is funny as i read it I can totally hear you saying all that!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Look at you go! Yes, I do, but on $6 pizza night I'll know you even better! Thanks for doing this!

Lauryn said...

Hey!! Well, I typed out a long note for you and then I accidentally closed the window! Anyway, I have just recently become a blogger, butI have enjoyed reading other people's blogs for a while! It has been great catching up with Harding friends and seeing their families!

You have a BEAUTIFUL family!!

As I read through your previous blogs, the one about the anniversary of your parents'and grandparents' death touched me. I remember you telling me about this in the lobby of Kendall. (I'm not real sure why I remember where we were but I do!) Anyway, I did a great job of journaling for my son, but when my daughter came along, I have gotten so busy with 2 kids that I have not kept it up. You have given me that kick in the butt that I needed and it is honestly one of the reason that I started blogging.

You are such a strong and courageous person to put your personal heartache out there for the betterment of the rest of us.

Let me hear from you!!!

Lauryn said...

Lauryn Rydl - sorry... forget to leave my HU name!! :))

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

You never call, you never write...

Blog woman! Or at least come visit mine!!! :)