Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Super Fun Birthday

Mason has been begging me for almost a year to have his birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. I tried and tried to dissuade him. He is a little stubborn (like his daddy, of course) and was convinced that this was the party for him. Well, as much as I hate to admit that an almost 5 year old was right, he was...it was a GREAT party. It was a "Superhero" theme (which included Princesses as Superheroes) When we got in the car, I said, "Wow, that was a fun party!" He added, "Mom, it was a SUPER fun party. I told you it would be!" Now, in my defense, I was not worried about the "fun" aspect of a C.E.C party...I was more worried about the obvious "planning" things...cost, chaos, cost and oh the infamous germs at places like C.E.C. So, here were my solutions...cost...not a big deal...we didn't plan through Chuck himself, so we didn't have to pay the usualy "per child" fee. The only thing we didn't get (besides Cheesy, HA...No pun intended...favors) was no birthday singing by the mouse...that meant we had to sing by ourselves...I was fine with that. And as long as no one tells Mason about the other option, he is fine with that too. I joined Chuck's e-club and got lots of coupons, that I printed off multiple times so I could use the good ones more than once. As for the germs...we went on a Wed. morning and there were very few "non-superhero" friends there. As for the chaos, well, I won't lie, there was a large amount of chaos, but better there then at my own house...and the best part...very little clean up (actually, none, my wonderful friends did it all for me! Thanks!)!!! So all in all, it was a fun, I mean, "Super Fun" party...I would recommend it for any little mouse lovers!!
Birthday Morning...it takes a lot of breath to blow out 5 whole candles...
"Princess Heroes" shouting "we're gonna die!" on the roller coaster ride. At least they weren't hit in the face by a bird, can you imagine the liability?? (If you aren't laughing, you need to scan back to my Sea World Post...I'd put a link if I knew how...)
The cupcake cake from Target...love that place...honestly, it is the best place to get prescriptions...(just a little opportunity to make a little plug...)



The "Spidermen" with one of many very cool Superhero toys!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Looks like a great time. Happy Birthday to the little guy. Payten turns 8, March 1st. Boy! time does fly.

Lana said...

Happy Birthday Mason. I am so glad he had a fabulous birthday. I also thought all his birthday questions were super cute that he answered:) So fun!!

Jenn said...

That pic of Ryan and Mason is sooo funny! Oh, and who is that oh so cute kid in the Incredible costume?? I'm still laughing over the , "We're going to die!!!" comment...oh, she is her daddy's girl. he he he

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Great pic of the good and evil Spideys!