The Easter Bunny gets extra points for knowing that we were at HardING University and not Hard University. (Thanks to the photographer for this great family photo...you know who you are...)
We had a great time! Ryan and I had not been back since before Mason was born and the changes were amazing. It is fun to see exciting things happening there and know that kids are getting a great education and establishing not only friendships that will last a lifetime, but also Christian morals and values that will last all of eternity. We had fun showing the kids the dorms we had lived in and where we met (I say we met outside of Kendall Hall my freshman dorm(yes, that is where we got her name)... and Ryan says we met in Art class...he may have met ME in Art, but I don't remember him until he came to borrow my art notes...either way, my little girl looks more like a "Kendall" than an "Art.")
We were lucky to have some extra help on our drive to Searcy. One of the teens from our church wanted to go to Harding and I volunteered to let her ride with us. She and her mom were very grateful for the invitation, but I have to be honest, I am the one who benefited from her presence. She did all the handing out snacks, toys, babies, pillows, blankets, etc. while we were driving. I am sure she would have appreciated knowing what was in store for her. A couple of times, my kids had to do without because "Miss Jenna was sleeping." Was she really???? I am so glad she went with us! I am all about encouraging teens to go to Harding! It is a great place to be!
We also had a chance to spend lots of time with our friend from Idaho that babysat for us. The kids loved getting to see Miss Kelsey again! I love seeing these teenagers LOVE my babies...I am so thankful we have been blessed with these sweet, positive influences for my kids. Thanks girls! Love ya!
The kids were surprised to find eggs hidden in our hotel room...very fun to hunt for eggs amidst all your "traveling" gear...at least we were warm!
By the way, Easter Weekend is always the weekend Harding does their big Spring Sing Show. Mason (Kendall slept through almost the whole show) really enjoyed each of the performances put on by each "social club." This year, Kojies (my club) won again! Speaking of Kojies, if you are/were one or if you know one that doesn't read my blog, post a comment with your blog/contact info (I'll delete the comment after I get your email/info). My cousin is in the process of working on getting a Kojie "reunion" organized!
I may be on a little "blogging hiatus" which means my usual random consistency of posting my be even more random. Ryan's sister and her sweet little girl are coming to visit! We can't wait! I am sure we will have lots of fun stuff to post!
10 comments:
Don't know if you remember me or not. I was a few years ahead of you at HU. I linked to you from Lauryn Rydle's blog. I would love to have a Kojie reunion! Let me know if anything comes of it.
Jill Wood Ballard
That was so cool that you took the kids up there! I love their Easter pink... especially love Mason's braided belt. :)
Hey Jen,
It's me again - Lauryn Rydl Turner. I'm not sure you remember me... Of course, I would love to have a Kojie reunion.
lauryn.turner@earthlink.net
I will pass all info on to Sheri Bledsoe Jacobsen as well. There are several Kojies who go to church with us as well who don't have blogs.
Let me hear from you!!
what a neat experience to share with your kids. someday they will be able to understand how cool that is. love the pink, but i could never get matt to wear it. you have such a cute family. by the way i am in idaho for 2 weeks. i miss old times.
Hey,
It's Traci Busby Johnston. I have heard he rumors of a Kojie reunion as well. I would love to have any information about it. You can check out my family blog at
tracijohnstonfamily.blogspot.com
tracij@conwaycorp.net
I'm glad you had a good trip. Campus has really changed over the years. Your kids are adorable.
Traci
Hey Jennifer- this is Amy(Wiley) Parks. I was a Kojie with you at Harding. I enjoy keeping up with your family.
email: daparks@bellsouth.net
I still keep in touch with Ericka, Jessica and Linda. Let me know any information!
Thanks-
Amy
Jen, I am finally getting onto your blog. I was so excited when you commented on mine and I'm finally here to say HI!! You look so great and I can just hear your accent when I read your stuff. I hope to keep in touch! Are you so happy, you made it through and you're back home, yeah!!
Hey girl...I just tagged you on my blog...get over there and do it while Ryan is home!!
Ok - I just tagged you too. HA! No worries - I had never been tagged before as I am new to this blog world.
Hope you are doing well.
I don't know, I think she'd make a cute "Art" :)
Post a Comment